I just released a new version of FlightMap to my beta testers. Hopefully all goes well and by this time next week this version will be out on the Play store for all to use. Here are the enhancements this BETA version includes:
- Updated graphics for the Airspeed and altitude Indicators.
- Modified the GA indicator to be in 20 knot increments
- Added a track option when in NAV or GPS mode. This allows you to toggle between the current heading up display and a north up display.
- Improvements to the adhoc waypoint system. Now when you get within 1 nautical mile of an adhoc waypoint flightmap will automatically advance to the next waypoint like the GPS mode does.
- non-active waypoints will have a gray line in adhoc mode and active waypoint will be blue as it is now.
- Added distance to waypoint in NAV mode
- Added distance to waypoint, ETE, CTS, DTK, and WP Altitude to GPS mode.
- Adjusted the compass rose in plane direction up mode. I was using a built in FSX magnetic direction variable but when I added track mode I noticed it was off a bit. I’ve now adjusted this so that it matches the north up mode. After some testing I believe it is far more accurate now than it was.
- some other minor graphic updates
Here are a few screen grabs of the latest version with the GPS enhancments.