I’m finalizing FlightMap 2.4 right now. The following are the main features for this version:
- I’ve completely rewritten the launch networking code to try and make the app more resilient. It will now detect the server ip address change for instance and when you try to connect to the selected ip and the server is not there it will offer up the discovered address as an option.
- I’ve also added the version number of the application to the main display.
- I had a couple of people offer to do translations for Spanish and French so those will be in the next version as well. Thank you so much to Jeff and Bernardo for helping out with those.
- This version also fixes an alignment issue with the bottom button bar on Nook HD’s.
- Finally this version updates the graphics on the direction indicator to be more readable in preparation for FlightGauge.
I’ve made some progress on FlightGauge since the last update. I’m still not happy with the look of the ui but it is getting better. Most of the gauges are functional at this point and are working very smoothly. I do need to work out multiple client support in FlightConnect before I release this new app. I’m thinking I’ll put electrical and fuel gauges on the right side. There will be quite a bit more space on the 10 inch tablet version so I’ve not yet decided what I’ll be doing there. The app will launch with 7 and 10 inch tablet support.