About 11 months ago I started this journey to build a Star Wars droid. It’s crazy to see it “finished”. I put that in quotes because are these things ever really finished?
Meet EM-3T or Emmett. He’s a cranky little Astromech droid but he’s really good at his job repairing X-Wing and Y-Wing fighters.
All code, models, and designs for Emmett are on my github site.
Check it out for more information.
Back in December I was looking for the next project after the proton pack. I knew I wanted to build a robot but I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. R2D2 seemed like a lot of work and then I found some files for Chopper from Star Wars Rebels. He’s a bit shorter than R2 and I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to replicate a perfect chrome dome. After a lot of reading and joining the astromech.net forums I started printing. All in all over 15 rolls of 2 pound filament was used. I did learn a few tricks to speed up the process.
Read more to see design videos, links to source code, stl’s for printing, and more
Now that the PKE Meter is finished I’m starting in on the full proton pack. I found a really good base to start with on Thingiverse. DancinFool82 did an amazing job on the 3d models for it but I need to make some modifications to meet my needs and make these models printable on my Davinci Mini. I’m just starting in on the base of the Neutrino Wand but I’m really pleased with how it’s coming out.
My son has decided that he wants to be a Ghostbuster for Halloween and I have my work cut out for me. I found a number of plans on Thingiverse for proton packs, traps, and PKE Meters and decided I’d take a crack at one of them. I originally thought the PKE Meter would be the easiest so I decided to start with that. About a month later I’ve completed it and it looks like this