I’ve just posted what will hopefully be the final beta of FlightMap to my beta testers. This version has become a lot bigger than I original planned. Here’s some of the great new features and some of them have been requested for a long time:
- Changed: APT selection button changed to DATA. It cycles DATA -> World Airports -> Regional Airports -> VOR -> NDB
- New: Display all airports within ~200 miles of aircraft. Markers also show airport id
- New: Display VOR or NDB overlay. Press marker to display station frequency and id. Press info dialog to add station to adhoc flight plan.
- New: The overlay aircraft scales with the zoom level!
- Updated: Added airport ICAO to world airport markers
- Updated: ASI – Improved Graphics. Added 240 and 280 knot gauges
- Updated: Direction Indicator – New graphics. Added AP Heading bug
- Updated: 7 more overlay aircraft for total of 35
- Improved: Auto Zoom feature has more steps now.
- Improved: More than doubled the hit area of the selection buttons on 7 and 8 inch tablets
Here are some screenshots showing off these new features.